Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Week of Holidays and some progress on the LIST!


I had a week off last week and Monday and Tuesday of this week. I had some holidays I needed to use and was ready for a break from work. I had hoped that I’d be able to take a holiday down south but in the end decided on a stay-cation.

I very much enjoyed my time. Of course it started out with the girls weekend skiing.  
And then was filled with more quality time with friends and family .

Tuesday I spent the day sewing baby gifts for my friend Candice. Tuesday evening I enjoyed a surf and turf dinner with a new friend who happens to be an excellent cook.  

Wednesday I spent a day with Candice and we made a pot of soup for her to have on hand when baby comes.  We had a great day catching up and talking about her new adventure of parenthood that’s on its way. Then I went to visit another friend Nancy that evening and we also had a long overdue catch up.

Thursday I headed down to Ottawa for a ‘me’ day of shopping and after a full day of shopping I had dinner with my friend Maryann.

Friday was a relaxing morning.  Flowers were delivered to me mid morning for Valentine’s Day and then I went to see the guy who sent the flowers that evening.

Saturday I spent the day with my sister. In the morning we took Emma snowshoeing at Forest Lea Cross Country Ski trails. Then went back to Emma’s Nana’s (Sandra) house for lunch. That evening my sister, Sandra and I went out for the evening. We had a delicious dinner at the Nook Creperie (we had dinner and dessert crepes!)  and then went to a step dance and fiddling show put on by the Step Crew at Festival Hall.

Sunday was a relaxing day I watched the men’s curling game, in the morning, got some groceries in the afternoon and then made a big pot of soup.

Monday I moved into a colleagues home where I’m house and cat sitting for the next two weeks.

Tomorrow I’m back to work. Its been a great time off but I’m blessed enough to return to colleagues and work I love which makes it a little easier.  I’m pleased with all I got to do on my time off - #13,  #3 and #4 all got some attention.


Now I’m working on my list of 12 thought provoking books. I’ve read one so far and working on the second, I have a few others lined up but would love to hear some suggestions. The only rule I have set is that they have to be non-fiction.  Leave a comment if you have a favourite thought provoking book I should check out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment