Wednesday 7 May 2014

living lots...just not writing much!

It has been sometime since I’ve put up a blog post. Its not that I haven’t been working on the list I just haven’t been writing about it. Here is a bit of an update. I’m feeling rejuvenated with signs of spring in the air and hopeful I’ll be a bit more motivated to do some writing about my adventures.

#3 and #4 (Quality time with friends and family and Emma and Dustin). I can honestly say this winter has been great for that. I’ve got to spend lots of time with the kids and have had some great time with friends. Over Easter I travelled home with Elizabeth, Dean and the kids…it was a different kind of vacation with those two in tow but we sure had a great time with all of us at mom and dads

#9 (go on a cycling trip) Dad and I are well on our way to planning a cycling trip. We are going to bike a portion of the confederation trail in PEI the first week of July. We both have some work to do to get in better shape for it though.

#12 (read 12 thought provoking books) I read 2 books this winter that fit the thought provoking category-  I am Malala  and Lean In. Both were excellent books. 

#15 (Learn about Wine) I’m not sure I am learning a lot but I certainly have been drinking my fair share. I’ve started always trying a new wine when I go to the liquor store and keeping track of some of my new favorites.

#19 (Refinish a piece of furniture) I bought a wing back chair at a local yard sale that I plan to reupholster.

#22  (do a 365 photo project) I started this on my birthday and have been doing well so far. I only post them on Facebook every couple of days but so far have taken a photo everyday.

#23 Go on 10 dates with 10 new people or find true love… I have checked this one off J after only one date (well a number of dates with the same guy) I found love!

# 25 (no coffee to go for one year) I am failing miserably with this…I’ve still been buying coffee to go more than I had planned. I would argue that it is often still within the rules that I said I would allow but its still been more than planned. Hopefully spring will help this, I tend to get up earlier in the morning when the weather is nicer so there might be more time to make coffee when I need it and I’m less likely to want a tea in the afternoon.

#26 I managed to go one whole moth without shopping. Those who know me understand that’s a pretty big accomplishment.


So there you have it…the list has been coming along even the blog has been stagnant for sometime!


Here are some photos of the last few months.






No comments:

Post a Comment